Click on the following link and answer the 4 questions below. Be sure to use the website listed above your answers to help you find your answers!
TASKS: Use this web site: http://clerk.house.gov/members/index.html
1. What is the total number representatives for your state?_________
2. Add the total number of representatives and senators. That number is your electoral number, meaning the number of electoral votes your state has in the presidential election. What is that electoral number?______
3. Determine which state or states have the most representatives:________________
4. Which states and territories have only one representative?_______________________
Using the same link, fill in the blanks of the sentences below.
FILL IN THE BLANKS IN THE SENTENCES BELOW
1. The laws of the United States are made by _________________.
2. Congress is made up of ________ houses.
3. The upper house of Congress is the _________________________.
4. The lower house of Congress is the _________________________.
5. Men and women who belong to the Senate are called __________.
6. A congressman is a member of the __________________________.
7. There are _________ senators in the Senate.
8. There can be no more than_________ congressmen in the House of Representatives.
9. My state has _______ representatives.
10. The two people who represent my state in the Senate are ____________________ and ____________________.
11. The congressman or congresswoman who represents me in the House of Representatives is ________________________.
12. Each senator is elected to office for a period of _______ years.
13. Each congressman is elected to office for a period of __________ years.
14. The capital city of the United States is ________________, which is located in the _____________________________________.
15. Congress meets in a building called the _____________________.
Using this url: http://www.senate.gov/senators/senator_by_state.cfm Find the following information and turn it into a pic collage
- Read the biography of each senator from your state.
- What 6 points interested you the most about his/her life?
- How old is the person?
- To what political party does the senator belong?
- What are his or her current favorite issues?
Use the following padlet pages to record you answers and post your pic collage