We made it through another week. Progress Reports will be just around the corner! With that in mind, we have some catching up to do... Please read the tasks below carefully to ensure you have all three completed by the end of the class period.
In your writing journal, you will be creating two entries.
1. In AT LEAST 5-7 sentences reflect upon what new information you may have learned about our states. Did you learn new facts about states when we created our state Pic Collages? What about the States Quiz? Were there states you had trouble locating? Why do you think that is? Was the quiz easy for you? If so, what experiences had you prepared for the quiz? Did you find the quiz useful in learning the states? This is the time to be honest with your writing and know that only the two of us will be reading it.
2. In AT LEAST 5-7 sentences you will reflect upon what you have learned about Florida? What pictures from our PowerPoint stood out to you? Which locations discussed in class are most meaningful to you and WHY?
- Step 1: Save the Map of Florida to the Camera Roll of the iPad (or desktop of the laptop)
- Step 2: Set the image of the map as your background, this way it stays put and doesn't move around on you.
- Step 3: Research the locations/landmarks below and ACCURATELY label them on your map.
- Step 4: Find an image that represents each of the places/landmarks and place it as close to the labeled area as possible.
- Step 5: Upload your images to the Padlet wall for your class!
Map of Florida - PicCollage Background!
- Cape Canaveral
- Ft. Lauderdale
- Milwee (Longwood)
- St. Augustine
- Disney World
- The Everglades
- Lake Okeechobee
- The Florida Keys
- St Johns River
- Apalachicola River
- Gulf of Mexico
- Atlantic Ocean
About half of you have finished the Physical Geography Questions and the U.S. Regions questions. The other half have not. With that being said, this will be the only time this year which I will take time out of class to allow you to go back and finish an assignment that should have been completed. That is what Spartan Power Hour will be used for. Both assignments should be completed and turned in on Edmodo. You need to start learning how to use your "Backpack." Please have these assignments completed by the end of the class period.
*** For those that are finished. You may use this time to read or explore CIVICS RELATED apps on the ipad. You can also help other students with submitting assignments through Edmodo. It may result in a reward
Let's Do This...