On a sheet of paper provided, draw an outline map of North America. Your map should include the following:
- a Compass Rose
- Two large bodies of water other than oceans
- One mountain range
- the political boundaries of the two countries in this region
- Political boundaries for any states, provinces, or territories you may know.
***You have seven minutes to complete the opening activity.
Step 2 -
- With your shoulder partner, go to the app titled "Learn the States."
- Complete the steps to the game
- Show Mr. Nailling Once you have completed the assignment
- Mr. Nailling will then assign two states to you and your partner.
Step 3 Click on the website below:
- You are going to make two different Pic Collages based on the States Mr. Nailling has assigned to you and your partner. Each PicCollage must contain the following:
- An outline of the state's shape
- The state's largest city
- One University in the state along with the name of it's mascot
- A major landform in the state (mountain, lake, river, plain, basin)
- A National Park located in state. ***If the state does not have a national park, you may use a state park
*** Post to the following Padlet site once you have finished.
- On day 5 we will be taking a quiz on the location of the 50 states. You may use the following links to help you practice for the quiz!
http://www.ilike2learn.com/ilike2learn/capitalunitedstates.html - Capitals
http://www.ilike2learn.com/ilike2learn/unitedstates.html - States