Learning Goal: Students will be able to differentiate the various ways in which critical information has been sent to the American public from the Colonial time period up to modern times.
The Overland Pony Express
OK, so we all know about cell phone and computers, but I want you to think REALLY hard about other forms of communication. Utilizing All-Write Round Robin, list out as many forms of communication as you possibly can...GOOD LUCK!
NOTE: We will go over the instructions for -All-Write Round Robin in class if you've forgotten
Use the following flow chart to answer questions about the changes in communication throughout history.
2. What was the first publication created by the typewriter?
3. What is one negative result of the invention of the t.v.?
4. There are still 44,000 radio stations around. However, what has brought about the decline in local radio station?
5. How has social networking (myspace, facebook, twitter) impacted the workplace. Describe at least two examples.
6. Which change in communication do you feel has had the greatest impact this millennium. Explain in detail.
Each picture below represents a different time period and form of communication. Using the images below, create a timeline of communication in the United States throughout the ages. If you need to research what an image is...DO IT! Good Luck